Saturday, July 9, 2011

Florida Gators

Florida is a long way from Minnesota...
My sweet cousin Bethany lives there and asked me to make her some
U of F Gator cards to give to some football players she tutors.
This EASILY was the most difficult challenge for me!!!
I have very little sports themed stamps or embellishments.
But luck was with me, my Everyday Paper Dolls Cricut cartridge
had this adorable Gator!

Much to my surprise I have NO blue paper and very little orange!
Literally I had two sheets of blue: 8 1/2 x 11 and one scrap.  That was it!
HA!  I have no good explanation for this
 but I was able to pull together JUST enough to make her 6 cards.
Here they are:

 I hand cut the white around the green gator.
Initially he didn't pop like I wanted him to so this was an easy solution.
I hope they are okay Bethany! There are TWO of the last card pictured for a total of 6.
They are more simple than I planned but I didn't have much to work with.  Sometimes simple is good.
Oh and I couldn't resist some googly eyes... (: 

4 comments:

joetterer said...

love the gator & googlie eyes

Karen B. said...

These seem perfect! I commend you for not buying ANYTHING until you've made 100 projects, what a fantastic idea and something that I'd like to do (after July 23rd of course, which is the PTI free set sale!)

Crystal said...

You are so amazing honey!!! I love the work you do =) Keep it up!!!

Emily Leiphart said...

These are fabulous, Erin! Those goggly eyed gators make me smile! Love the variety of patterned papers you used. I also found that I was short on blue papers a while back. Hmmm... time for us to go shopping! :D