So I took a little detour from scrappin'...
Being the coffee addict I am, I frequent the nearby Starbucks drive through.
Those who can relate must have seen the "cake pops" they recently started selling.
Well bells and whistles started going off in my head, "Hey, I think can make those!"
I hate those bells and whistles, they seem to keep going off until I complete the project.
So here they are, my very own homemade Cake Pops:
Simple to make though not nearly as beautiful as the Starbucks ones.
1. Make a box cake and let it cool.
2. Crumble the cake. (I used my Cuisinart hand blender grinder attachment)
3. Mix entire can of frosting in with the crumbs. (I used whipped so it would stir in easier)
4. Roll into balls (think golf ball) and cool in refrigerator on wax paper.
5. Melt chocolate candy (I used Wilton's light chocolate) in microwave.
6. Dip sticks into melted chocolate 1st and then push into the cake balls.
7. Quickly sprinkle with desired toppings.
8. Let dry upright in Styrofoam (they dry really fast and can be transferred to a plate)
* Wilton also makes "Pops Favor bags" $1.99 for 12.
They worked great to package these. I got all the things I needed at Michael's.
HERE is a link to another brave soul who made her own cake pops.
They taste like brownies on a stick, seriously yummy though you really only want one, kinda rich.
AND I was invited to a linky party HERE